Re: [OM] Certainly a beaten subject already,

Subject: Re: [OM] Certainly a beaten subject already,
From: manuel viet <manuel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 23:36:58 +0100
Le lundi 01 mars 2010 23:16:18, Ken Norton a écrit :
> Well, this is a little difficult for me because I prefer the 35mm
>  equivalent focal length the Olympus 17/2.8 offers. In my own testing of
>  the lens, I found it to be very comfortable, but the barrel distortion is
>  a little too over the top for me. There is substantial CA (chromatic
>  aberration) too. But the bokeh characteristics are very nice.

My 24x36 focal of choice is 28mm. But I don't expect a 14mm prime in my price
range soon. So I was ready to give up some FOV, and as I also have fond
memories of my Canonet 40/1.7, I was already tipping toward the Pany.

But all my OM-Zuikos so far have been so sharp that I was ready to live with a
2.8 aperture and an alien (to my taste) focal length provided the lens was as
sharp as any OM prime of the good ol'days. Clearly, this isn't the case. So
for the time being, pany's the winner.

Thank you for the input anyway, as always, my plans may vary. It wouldn't be
the first time a carefully laid out buying scheme I make is unexpectidly turned
upside down by an offer I can't possibly resist... (While I tend to see this as
pure luck, my wife more or less thinks it's mostly a curse. Go figure...)

--
Manuel Viet