Re: [OM] On Warts and all (was "film stuff from the holidays")

Subject: Re: [OM] On Warts and all (was "film stuff from the holidays")
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 19:07:33 -0600

> Several people on list may be surprised to see this coming from you.
> Another Red Letter Ken Day!

I'm feeling fair and balanced these days. Obviously I was wrong as the
masses have voted with their dollars.

Oh, wait... What was that sound I hear?  It's the masses as quickly
abandoning Canon for Nikon as it is now superior--I guess I'm just all
confused now not sure what is right anymore.

The 5Ds do hold their value.  I've given up trying to find one cheap,
> even one with "cleaning marks" on the sensor.

I'm not particularily interested in a used 5D classic as the 1DsMk2 is in
the same price neighborhood and a far better camera and the 5Dmk2 has
remained pretty faithful to the 5D colors.  Faithful, yes, exact, no, but
close enough to be interesting.

> The 35 Shift is feeling kinda lonely.  ;)
>  Is it ready to come home, or did you have something else in mind?  <g>

Any time you want it back I'll deliver it. Of course that will force my hand
and I'll have to write a check to just buy it back. :) I do appreciate the
use of it, though--it gets used quite frequently.

AG