Re: [OM] On Warts and all (was "film stuff from the holidays")

Subject: Re: [OM] On Warts and all (was "film stuff from the holidays")
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:04:56 -0600
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 7:21 AM, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, they are still there and I'm planning to upgrade (the size) them soon.
> Also, they are only a part of images I took in 2004 and I was just too lazy
> to select and process the rest. I will have the others processed during the
> "upgrade". BTW, they are at:
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/E1.htm

Thanks for the link.  I will bookmark it this time.

> I'm trying to do the same but has to wait until I get an Olympus again, may
> be a E-40 or EP3 with built-in electronic viewfinder.

As I look over my E-1 files, I get pleasure in rediscovering the
qualities of the E-1.  The E-3 as a camera offers many user options
that I would hate to lose:  LV, articulating screen, IS, significant
improvement in higher ISO capture, better AF by far.  But in terms of
capture, it seems very, very close to the E-1.  Perhaps when the E-1
is at its best, the E-3, except for pixels, cannot quite match it.

I too await a m4/3 body with built-in EV.

However, I may become sidetracked as I am lusting after the 50-200
SWD.  If I could only be assured that it has all of the qualities I
value in the the old 50-200, especially for close-focusing.  I suppose
I could keep both, but it's hard to imagine having both lenses!
(However, I've heard that voice in my head before ... just not for a
while.)

Joel W.