Re: [OM] On Warts and all (was "film stuff from the holidays")

Subject: Re: [OM] On Warts and all (was "film stuff from the holidays")
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 00:44:25 +0800
Thanks for mentioning my Europe trip photos and the praise!

Well said Joel. For over 90% of my shots I was trying to keep the original
mood especially for travel and street snaps. These kind of photos are
something for triggering my memory, by looking at them I'm going back there
again (I'm a guy that enjoy thinking about the pass) so I want to keep
exactly how they looked. It won't matter for some minor imperfection,
perspective correction is something that I won't take in most cases. I also
don't like over correction of shadow or highlight, it makes things unreal
and in many cases with the side effect of lost concentration (bring up of
non necessary details), same for the over use of LCE.

To me post processing is very complicated, it requires good combinations of
senses of art and realism. I'm not good at that so I just try to keep
trusting a good camera rendering. Fortunately, the Europe shots mentioned
were taken with a E-1...

C.H.Ling