Re: [OM] Re (OM) Foggy trees

Subject: Re: [OM] Re (OM) Foggy trees
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:10:03 +0000
I'm only guessing, Joel, partly based on what we have discussed before on the
List.

The application in which you open the RAW file must make assumptions about how
to present the image.  From what you say, and it sounds logical, Studio and
Master take account of the image settings in the Oly camera, perhaps the ones
used to generate a jpg.  Without having checked, I supposed that Aperture
doesn't even see these settings, but makes a guess at how it should be
presented for viewing and subsequent processing.  I should say that Aperture
treats all RAW files the same when making a preview and that's what I mean by
"neutral".

What do you think?  I shall do some experiments with jpg and RAF files in an
E-3 over the weekend.

Chris