Re: [OM] New Digital Back - How much play should there be in the adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] New Digital Back - How much play should there be in the adapter EOS-OM
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:19:39 +1100

> No, not normal.  The lens to adapter fit should be as good as the
> original lens to camera body fit.  I think many of these cheap Chinese
> adapters are made by hand in small shops with nothing but a lathe...
> with the consequence of considerable quality variation from sample to
> sample.  If they were produced with numerical control equipment they
> should all be close to perfect.

Take a look at the lens mount in your OM-X or E-Y body, it has a leaf spring
for each part (dunno what it's called) of the lens which goes into the
mount.  The springs ensure that the mount is not "sloppy" or tight.  I
haven't seen any of the cheap adapters with this spring type construction
done properly.

...Wayne