Re: [OM] how many megapixels here?

Subject: Re: [OM] how many megapixels here?
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:33:13 -0600
A lot of printers print at less th an 300dpi, which is the standard for good
halftone reproduction, and is the digital equivalent of the old standard 150
line screen. A fuji  frontier outputs at somewhere aroune 240 dpi, and the
bigger, better Durst printers also use a similar number.

There is a big difference between printing on photo paper and inkjet
printing. Even at 2800dpi, the goal is to suppress what would be a noticable
dot pattern. Different inkjet brands have different ways of dealing with
that.

Bill pearce