Re: [OM] how many megapixels here?

Subject: Re: [OM] how many megapixels here?
From: "Paul Laughlin" <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:06:16 -0800
If everyone would use ppi for image resolution and leave dpi to printer
resolution it would eliminate a major confusion factor.  Even the author's
of books interchange them indiscriminately.

BTW, I have put a couple of images on pbase at:
http://www.pbase.com/pelaughlin/sadie
These are of my neighbor's dog, taken with an Oly C2100 UZ camera.  The
first one is out of the camera.  The second has been cropped and resized to
12" x 18" at 200 ppi.  I printed it on an Epson 1270 and it came out nice.
At least to my eye. VBG  The C2100 UZ is a 1.92 Megapixel camera.  I just
bring this up as an example of how it is not all a matter of megapixels.
Paul in Portland OR