Re: [OM] IMG: Learning About the E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Learning About the E-1
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:51:13 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Norton"

> Well, I know which of the two pictures I prefer. The blue haze noise in
> the
> E-thingy shot is easily cleaned up with chroma noise reduction and a touch
> of curves adjustment on the shadows.

I have a version that cleaned up with NeatImage, in my monitor the tone is
fine, adjustment seems not necessary.

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/PC190478.jpg

> The contrast under stage lighting is so extreme, but film's shoulder and
> toe
> really give you much more usable color and image.  I'd have no qualms
> shooting CH's Disney production with Fuji Superia 800 and if you
> underexpose
> by one stop (effectively giving you ISO 1600), you still end up with a
> decent image as long as you don't try to boost the shadows too much.

Agree about the overexposure handling of negative film will be much better
but the shadow is sure poorer. Don't know about Superia 800 but the
Fujipress 800 I tried cannot produce the quality of E-520 image at same ISO.

C.H.Ling