Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw so

Subject: Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:39:38 -0800
Candace Lemarr wrote:
> Alright, here are some samples of the same image.
> These were not taken at an ideal time of day as far as light goes, and I am
> aware of that.

Frankly, I don't like any of the results very much. The uncouched JPEG
is a bit too warm in his face, the ORF a little too cool overall. All
the others seem too contrasty to me.

I've made the assumption that this is for promotional use by the
musician. So I thought bringing his face out of the shadows more and
generally punching the image up would be appropriate. I also liked the
reflection in the drum, but someone else might think it distracting. I
like bringing up the color of the background, like there is clear air,
to keep the colors of the SW feel. I but also tried leaving the color,
but blurring a little to keep the subject separated from background.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Candace/Port2/5995.htm>

I left a bit of warmth in his face, to look more like the earlier light
you were looking for.

Moose