Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw so

Subject: Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:15:37 -0700
Alright, here are some samples of the same image.
These were not taken at an ideal time of day as far as light goes, and I
am aware of that.
Scheduled for 8am, and after many bumps in the day, he finally was
available at 10:30am.

Under each image within the file name you will be able to see what edits
were done. You can flip through them from the following link, but I will
also break out each individual image link with a description below. The
complete EXIF data can be found by placing your cursor over the medium
size image and clicking on the blue box with the "i" in it.
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Testing-and-playing-with/1764041_uUPJC#712204491_U73Gs

Jpeg straight from the camera, no edits. (E-30)
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Testing-and-playing-with/1764041_uUPJC#712204491_U73Gs-L-LB

Jpeg with curves only applied (CS3):
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Testing-and-playing-with/1764041_uUPJC#712204570_bYMtt-L-LB

Jpeg with curves, color balance red-10 (or cyan +10), multiply sky,
layer mask. Very hasty job, not perfect by any means:
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Testing-and-playing-with/1764041_uUPJC#712204660_XcNX2-L-LB

Jpeg with only the auto "adjust color for skin tones" in PSE 8.0 applied:
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Testing-and-playing-with/1764041_uUPJC#712204235_5xSBA-L-LB

Wanted to show you the RAW file with no edits, but apparently I cannot
upload RAW, ORF, DNG, or TIFF to smugmug without upgrading, so I just
converted the ORF to dng then converted that to Jpeg, then resized for
uploading.
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Testing-and-playing-with/1764041_uUPJC#712225995_cRaju-L-LB

ORF converted to DNG, smartsharpen 30 radius 2.0, no other edits,
converted to Jpeg:
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Testing-and-playing-with/1764041_uUPJC#712204754_R4w5v-L-LB

ORF conversion to DNG, adjust for skin tone auto in PSE 8.0 only:
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Testing-and-playing-with/1764041_uUPJC#712204295_PALQK-L-LB

Same as the last file, but with shadow highlights applied in PSE 8.0:
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Testing-and-playing-with/1764041_uUPJC#712204372_e45FS-L-LB

All of these images could benefit from further editing to varying
degrees in one way or another.
But, this is what I have so far.

No flash, for this image I believe I was using a large gold reflector.
I think that's it. I apologize if I've missed something that I should
have mentioned.

Candace