[OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw softwa

Subject: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:47:20 -0700
   OK, I did the ridiculously lengthy download and install of PSE 8.0.
   I was very happy to find that ACR in PSE 8.0 does indeed read the E-30
   files and allow developing.
   I will confirm that there are a few tools missing from ACR, such as
   curves and tone mapping.
   Also sadly missing is the synchronize option. This is rather annoying.
   The work around that I just used is to "select all", and then apply my
   corrections. De-select all by clicking on one image and fine tuning
   each image individually if necessary from there.
   Another annoying feature of ACR in PSE 8.0 is that you only have the
   option of saving the Developed ORF as a .DNG file. So, yet another
   step to utilize another program to convert the .DNG to a JPEG if
   necessary, which it almost always is (for me).
   While I don't particularly enjoy editing in PSE, the "adjust color for
   skin tone" option under "enhance"--->"adjust color" gave some
   surprisingly pleasant results.
   I will post some sample images soon.

Candace

   Chuck Norcutt wrote:

I understand now why Elements 8 takes so long to download and install.
The compressed package is over 1 GB.  But I did verify that you can load
multiple images into ACR at once and process the batch.  There are also
some interesting extensions in the editor using file merge logic and
some very fancy selection logic.  I was impressed.  ACR in Elements,
however, is a bit truncated.  Some of the more sophisticated (but lesser
used) controls in ACR such as curves are not there.

Chuck Norcutt