Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.

Subject: Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 21:46:00 -0800
Moose,

Well since I am pretty much starting from scratch I decided to give
pretty much everything I could find a try. I started out with less
expensive stuff, and things that i had heard good things about, and
after running into some of the problems I listed in my earlier post
expanded my search.I started looking at the more expensive stuff to see
if spending more money would buy improved functionality. It does not
appear to based on my experience.

I actually do have both IrfanView and FastStone, but have not been all
that impressed with either of them for raw conversion or editing. I do
use FastStone for veiwing images and the FastStone resizer is great for
resizing stuff for web/ebay use.

Jim Couch