[OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 42: water and wine

Subject: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 42: water and wine
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:29:48 -0400
I don't know about Semillion but I have a tad of Vidal from Innskillin.
 As AG points out it is along the Niagara escarpment
which has a microclimate conducive to vineyards.  The wineries along
there  are well known for the Ice wine.  It is strong and sweet as
pointed out and alittle goes a long way.  Not cheap   either.  Drat,
forgot  I even had it and didn't offer it to el Moosalino during his
visit (seems quiet lately, hope all is well)  but we did have a DT
(Delerium Tremens) and toasted Nathan's excellent images and taste in
beer.  Not sure the export in bottles is quite the same as  the draft.

http://www.inniskillin.com/en/ice/iceOkanagan.asp

Not much of a dessert wine fan,  Mike

The one grape-vine with grapes still on it reminds me of what goes on
in a
couple regions here in North America.  The vineyard will leave grapes
of a
certain variety on the vines well into the fall and during the first
good
frost/freeze they will harvest and crush them then.  Known as "Ice
Wine".
The Niagara region is famous for this.

AG