Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 42: water and wine

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 42: water and wine
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:01:14 +1100
Usually a Semillion - extreme version of late pick affected by 'noble
rot' - Botrytis - which intensifies the sugar. Result is a strong
dessert wine - often with a honey and nuts flavour. They make really
nice Ice wine in New Zealand though I prefer a nice Sauterne or
Cadillac.
(FYI - Cadillac is across the river from Sauterne, much cheaper and
good. I got through a fair amount of Chateau Fayaux on my recent trip).
But don't take my word for anything - I have a poor palate and just
drink whatever tastes good.  :-)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx