Re: [OM] An old comparison of scanned film vs microphotograph of film

Subject: Re: [OM] An old comparison of scanned film vs microphotograph of film
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 07:22:37 -0400
On reflection, this one really deserves a more complete answer.  I think
the computer is capable of handling much larger files and especially if
it was upgraded to a 64 bit OS and a couple more gigs of memory to keep
the speed up.

But I have no idea what my next camera might be.  My 5D is 3-1/2 years
old now.  The 5D Mk II was announced a year ago or some 3 years after
the 5D.  Maybe the Mk III will be announced in two more years when my
camera is 5-1/2 years old.  I have no idea what features it might have
but if it offers ISO 1,638,400 (3 stops above the just announced 1D Mk
IV) I'll probably get one to practice photography in available darkness.

And I haven't paid the Adobe tax lately but will have to at some point.

Chuck Norcutt