Re: [OM] film scanning [was I have antz in my pantz with this A/V hell..

Subject: Re: [OM] film scanning [was I have antz in my pantz with this A/V hell...]
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 02:05:50 -0200
Thanks for commenting C.H. and Joel.

First I'd want to talk about what I sispect is a bit of
misunderstanding between C.H. and me an the blossoms: C.H. is
absolutely correct, OTOH he knew how to see something which went
unseen to me. Could have not been so, but I got too enthusiastic
experimenting with Velvia Vision, added dynamic range and the while
blossoms blew out ! - only that I hadn't noticed.

About the eagle: I did a bit of levels and only slight curves, so as
to bring some contrast to the cirrus clouds, This lead to severe
vignetting and saturation of a much clear light-blue sky. I was
disappointed: had supposed that curves would be the right tool to
bring out those clouds. Ended doing even gradient masks and correcting
vignetting (absent in the RDPIII). Consulting the critic eye of my
daughter, for an accurate hue for the blue. It's not quite as the
slide but the resulting uneven blue had a pleasant effect.
What's still unbelievable is that I found an eagle there. Must be a
very young specimen, maybe 50 meters away, it saw me taking my time to
picture it. Then I moved for a better composition, very quietly into
the bushes, but it got tired and at the very moment I was about to
trigger the shutter she decided to go away.

The pine tree into the bushes is quite a different story :-)

Fernando.