Re: [OM] I have antz in my pantz with this A/V hell...

Subject: Re: [OM] I have antz in my pantz with this A/V hell...
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 21:44:46 +0100
<snip>

I did ask this question before - i think that was some years back but i
focused on seeing if i could get any help with using PowerPoint instead.
this time it's a lot more complex because i really need to do the
following:

1. use my still images and retain their sharpness and clarity
2. add one or more music tracks
3. add simple cross-dissolve (nothing fancy, keep things
straightforward, so
viewer doesn't get distracted)
4. convert the whole project file to something that can use the DVD
media
5. burn the whole thing to DVD
6. customer views the DVD and gets impression that this is no amateur
job!

i know it all sounds so easy but believe me, adobe has an ingenious way
make simple things look too difficult.

</snip>

I know you don't want to start the learning curve on a Mac, but really
that sound like a perfect job for iMovie.

I'm not going to start to eulogise about the Mac - I run both a PC and a
Mac and enjoy both.  They both have their strengths and their
weaknesses.  However, having recently had to cut together a 5 minute
piece of Video footage, containing some still images too, it does sound
like it might be worth a go.  It certainly did all I wanted and was easy
to learn (that's what I do like about the Mac - it really is intuitive
to me).

Anyway, do you know anyone with a Mac you could borrow for the project ?
Might be worth having a play.

Regards,

Jon