Re: [OM] I have antz in my pantz with this A/V hell...

Subject: Re: [OM] I have antz in my pantz with this A/V hell...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:23:05 -0700
khen lim wrote:

> I did ask this question before - i think that was some years back but i
> focused on seeing if i could get any help with using PowerPoint instead. this
> time it's a lot more complex because i really need to do the following:
>
> 1. use my still images and retain their sharpness and clarity
> 2. add one or more music tracks
> 3. add simple cross-dissolve (nothing fancy, keep things straightforward, so
> viewer doesn't get distracted)
> 4. convert the whole project file to something that can use the DVD media
> 5. burn the whole thing to DVD
> 6. customer views the DVD and gets impression that this is no amateur job!
>
> i know it all sounds so easy but believe me, adobe has an ingenious way to
> make simple things look too difficult.

It seems to me you are looking at tools far more complex than needed for
your simple project. Have you considered simple, free apps like
FastStone and Picassa? They have the additional advantage of simple
interfaces. Both will also include music.

I made a slide show with an earlier version of Picassa and burned it to
CD. No fuss, no bother, excellent results. A quick look suggests
FastStone will do the same things.

Both will downsize images for you, but if you want control, create
finished images at your display size elsewhere, then don't have the
slide show app resize. That's what I did with Picassa and it worked
perfectly. To me, the thing that most says "professional" is first
quality images in a presentation no more complex than needed to present
them simply and elegantly.

A. Simple Moose