Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 39: ¡A la bici!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 39: ¡A la bici!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:42:48 -0400
I forgot to mention an important point about rehab.  My surgeon advised
me that I could (without guilt) easily skip the formal rehab procedures
in the hospital's physical therapy department.  The reason is that the
therapist's first mobililty measurements following surgery showed that I
was already well exceeding the minimum goals required to exit rehab.  On
the first day (and with some considerable pain) I achieved 120 degrees
bend on the knee.  The next day I had a hard time getting to 103 degrees
but the minimum to exit therapy was only 90 degrees.

But he did caution me severely that I should not slack off on formal
therapy and a daily exercise routine.  Yesterday was a day during which
it was hard to keep that in mind.  Today I'm much more amenable. :-)

Chuck Norcutt