Re: [OM] Printer Update

Subject: Re: [OM] Printer Update
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 22:10:22 -0500

> Hmmm.  I've never seen one and am sorry I mentioned it.  However, I am
> unable to reconcile your description with that of Vincent Oliver of
> photo-i which says, in part...

I think it is a comparison thing. The Canon printers are built quite well
and have an air of quality in some areas that the Epsons definitely do not.
 It's the little things that mean a lot. Even Canon's approach to heads and
ink cartridges in the 900/9000 series was unique at the time and highly
efficient. Epson's approach was definitely one of "dispose as much ink as
possible because that's how we make our money". It wasn't until people
started abandoning Epson in droves did they finally address that issue and
it's still not fully addressed.

AG