Re: [OM] How to know when you have too much stuff.

Subject: Re: [OM] How to know when you have too much stuff.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 09:50:08 -0400
Things do show up in the strangest places.  A friend of mine lost his
car keys somehow between the upstairs bedroom at his sister-in-law's
house and his car parked in the driveway about 50 feet from the house.
He had the keys to open the car when placing one bag in it, returned to
the bedroom for his second bag, got interrupted by a cell phone call
from his wife on the way out of the house and then returned to the car
only to find he had no keys.  Both families and relatives scoured the
area multiple times.  He finally had to ask his daughter to go to his
house and overnight his spare keys.

The keys had been missing for more than 6 months when they finally
showed up inside the recess for the retractable handle on one of his
suitcases.  His wife spotted them while they were sitting in the lobby
of a hotel and commented that that wasn't a very safe place to put his
keys.  He said, "What do you mean?  My keys are in my pocket."  The
missing keys had been there all along and the same suitcase had been
with them on two other trips before the wife spotted them on trip #3.
He obviously placed the keys on the second bag when he answered the
phone call and then closed the handle on them before returning to the
car.  I was amazed that there was even sufficient space to hold the keys.

Keep on lookin', Bill!

Chuck Norcutt