Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)

Subject: Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 15:10:20 -0400
> As for who is buying Olympus equipment off Eboy, there are closet OM users
> I imagine. I ran into a gentleman locally who absolutely loves the OM
> system. They are out there.

Yes, well, take me as an example:  I got interested in Astronomy (again,
after many years). Someone (in Astromart) was selling an Olympus
"astrophotography kit" that included an OM1 with the appropriate focusing
screen, finder, and some other adapters etc.  When I got the camera, I fell
in love with it, so I started buying more in ebay.

A Nikon camera that accepts interchangeable focusing screens and has
provision for lifting the mirror is too big, too heavy and too expensive.
So, there is a lot to admire in the OM1.

My latest ebay acquisition:  Just received an Olympus OM1 in mint condition
with case, Albinar 28mm (OK, you can't have everything), T1 flash mint
w/case.  I paid $31, plus $8 shipping.  I guess this is a low as one can
hope to buy a mint OM1.

I cannot get over how beautiful the OM1 is... I am showing it to my wife,
firing the shutter at 1 second and asking her if she has seen a more
attractive camera than this... I see her rolling her eyes... I don't think
she appreciates this camera as much as I do :)

George