Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)

Subject: Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:43:03 -0400
> I still admire their technical marvell and simplicity to use. But for the
> complete workflow digital rules in my house.

OK, so, from what I can tell, there are two kinds of Olympus film equipment
owners:  A minority is still shooting film (maybe occasionally) with their
Olympus film equipment.  The majority has switched to digital but hang to
their Olympus film equipment (or part of them) for sentimental reasons.

The question is, who is buying all these Olympus film cameras in ebay?
Hundreds of Olympus film cameras & equipment are sold every week in ebay.
Where are they going?  Those who have been around for a while, already have
what they need, and maybe are looking for some more unusual pieces.  Who is
buying the OM1s, 2s, 50mm lenses, etc?  Will we ever reach a point when no
one really wants to buy the more common Olympus items?

George