Re: [OM] Thanks! [was first one with the 300mm f/4,5]

Subject: Re: [OM] Thanks! [was first one with the 300mm f/4,5]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:17:55 -0500

> So, in summary, the Nikons are great - except for some uncorrectable
> performance issues that degrade images? You didn't get around to
> mentioning the shallow DOF issue many have reported with the Nikons.

LOL, it can have performance issues that degrade images, but it isn't
guaranteed. When it runs right, it really runs right.

As to the shallow DOF, yes, that can be problematic at times--especially
with slides that have been projected as they are bowed out.

For one-offs, the Canon is a decent option--especially considering that it
does larger formats, but for speed of operation for batches of scans, I'll
take the Nikon any day.  I know that my V-ED has been extremely reliable.

AG