Re: [OM] [IMG] first one with the 300mm f/4, 5 (monitor calibration)

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMG] first one with the 300mm f/4, 5 (monitor calibration)
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:11:28 -0500

> I still must learn how to do such a trick, I remember Walt Wayman
> talking and doing things using that technique but at that moment I
> didn't understood. Besides, the list was too noisy, and crowded - it was
> difficult for me both to listen and to understand.

It's just a matter of clicking on the check box in the first tab.

The list was rather noisy in those days, but this list has always had a high
noise to signal ratio.  Think of it as an LP, as it has lots of clicks and
pops, but the music still shines through.

However, I cannot activate that function. "Enable Digital DEE > Shadow
> Adjustment [slider at 50%] > More button" - remain unlit, and cannot
> find a path through Preferences or whichever to have those buttons and
> checkboxes lit.
> Could you tell me how?
> My NikonScan 4.0.2 is supposed to have full functionality.

But does the 4000 support ICE4?  it may be only ICE3.

What it takes and bothers me, is the huge amount of computer power it
> draws (from this computer, that is: Athlon64, 1GB RAM, XP SP3).
> I cannot even type an email when the Coolscan is running. Yes, it's a
> little break to make a phone call, eat something, whatever: I prefer
> listening to some good uncompressed jazz.

Very interesting.  Mine doesn't bog the computer down, but I can tell that
the data transfer through the USB port is rather intense.  One thing I
learned the hard way, is to NEVER minimize NikonScan while it is working.

Oh, and another thought--where is NikonScan's temp directory located?

AG