Re: [OM] [IMG] first one with the 300mm f/4, 5 (monitor calibration)

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMG] first one with the 300mm f/4, 5 (monitor calibration)
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 17:38:35 -0300

Ken Norton wrote:
> It's just a matter of clicking on the check box in the first tab.

LOL - which one is the first tab? :-)
> The list was rather noisy in those days, but this list has always had a high
> noise to signal ratio.  Think of it as an LP, as it has lots of clicks and
> pops, but the music still shines through.

That's why it survives, that's why I like it. Noise come become signal,
and viceversa.

> But does the 4000 support ICE4?  it may be only ICE3.

That's it, I've been googling for an answer to calm down. Digital DEE
appears to be associated to the 5000/9000/V series, not the 4000.
Now I can find another good reason for its former owner to have upgraded
to the 5000, giving me the rare chance to have a film scanner in this
small country.
> One thing I
> learned the hard way, is to NEVER minimize NikonScan while it is working.

Never did, only by chance. Shall remember this one.
> Oh, and another thought--where is NikonScan's temp directory located?

By default, in this machine, the path is C:\Documents and
Settings\Fernando\Configuración local\Temp\Nikon
Didn't change its default location, if you did, it should show in the
Prefs dialogue window.
> AG

Fernando

<fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>