Re: [OM] f.a.q on OM 4 & OM 4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] f.a.q on OM 4 & OM 4Ti
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 20:17:07 -0300
Moose wrote:

> Go take some pictures with the camera. :-)
Done! - finished a Velvia 50 and got it processed this afternoon.

I got one shot with the 300 @ 11, that you would like to show you. Did
the same one @ 4,5, and it's not that good.
Unfortunately, I messed around too much into the registry, and xp in
very unstable now. Too many things to fix, and some solutions lead to
new problems ... I managed to deactivate CS3, go figure :-)

Frank van Lindert wrote:
> Hey Fernando.
>
> The good old OM SLR FAQ question B27 does mention it:
> http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html#ques_B27
>
> Frank van Lindert
> Utrecht NL.

Thank you Frank, I've been to R. Lee Hawkins' site dozens of times, but
_never_ read the f.a.q. chapter !!. Late last night I found the answer
to my question on page 60 of its Manual: "You cannot use the motor
drive, winders and flashes with the mechanical shutter".
While I agree with Moose on the inherent contradiction in using a -drive
at 1/60, I'm a little disappointed by the flash issue. Fortunately, John
says something different at Hawkins' site - shall investigate it.

One more thing I found written there: the 'confusional state', found in
the 4 and not yet in the 4Ti. Shall write on this later.

Moose: I didn't want to force the thread, but the chrome cap in the 4
body doesn't quite fit in mine. It may, perhaps, if I insist but ... why
bother ;-)

usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Congratulations on your 4T and 300/4.5, Fernando.
Thanks a lot, Mike. The weather has been terrible these days here,
yesterday afternoon was a blessing -- did good ones with the 300 :-)

Fernando.

--- if absent for a while, it's because I'm learning software
engineering by myself ;-)

      *
      *