Re: [OM] Its a tool not just Re: An object of beauty

Subject: Re: [OM] Its a tool not just Re: An object of beauty
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 18:36:05 +0200
Well, I doubt many of you use your OM gear as much as I do currently,
since it is my *only* gear (apart from the Mamiya/Linhof, which are too
big to keep with me all the time).

I've shot close to 100 rolls in the past 6 months, exclusively black
+white,
exclusively analog darkroom prints. And loving it :-)

All OM-1/n.

But it would be very interesting if indeed there are many more
3Ti users. If I could only find an anywhere-near-affordable copy, I
would
be amongst you :-) But since I prefer incident light metering, I find
the
OM-1 the superior camera for my current needs, the only thing I miss
is 1/2000s
shutter speed. There is no denying it has an even bigger/brighter
viewfinder
than the 3Ti, especially with a custom laser-matte screen fitted, it
is unbeatable.
But the olympus 1-8 screen I also find to be terribly bright and
accurate, even though
it's mostly meant for the superteles. I probably use it the most.