Re: [OM] Focus screen apparent viewing distance

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus screen apparent viewing distance
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 06:22:24 -0700 (PDT)
Mike,

How important is for you to look through the viewfinder?

I felt liberated in film days after switching to Yashika D MF camera.

There are cameras on the market that have fantastic flip out screens which
display accurately the DOF, exposure and focus in real time, and magnify about
ten times the focusing point during MF.  I have taken pictures with my A200
that would be impossible to take with a regular DSLR.  I know the stigma
against the advanced digicams, but my images are much better and cleaner than
anything I have shot with film, so I dont buy the smaller sensor argument.

I am currently in the waiting game, because want to give Olympus a chance, but
if by the end of summer (my slow shooting period) things dont change, I will
be the proud owner of a brand new Panasonic Lumix G1

Boris