[OM] Focus screen apparent viewing distance

Subject: [OM] Focus screen apparent viewing distance
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:01:56 -0700
My eyes aren't what they used to be and I'm having more and more trouble
with manual focus. The digital bodies are much worse than the OM w/ 2
series screen. My everyday eye glasses use progressive lenses and make
it particularly hard to focus accurately even after trying to adjust the
diopter. With a progressive lens I must use the exact same portion of
the lens each time but cannot tell if I am using the correct zone of the
eyeglass lens and the camera lens isn't focused  or using the incorrect
zone of my eyeglasses and never seeing correct focus. Just by chance I
shot some macros (see frog) while wearing my single vision computer
glasses which are designed for 20"/½m more or less. Focusing was much
easier! But the computer glasses weren't quite right. So my question is,
What is the apparent distance to the focus screen of the E510 or any
other E-body for that matter? i.e. if I were to have a dedicated pair of
glasses cut just for photography. I think we determined that on the OM
the distance is about 1 meter.

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/Ap09/frog7308.jpg>

Mike

**