Re: [OM] Struggling with light at Ballenberg in 2009

Subject: Re: [OM] Struggling with light at Ballenberg in 2009
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:55:56 -0400
The best negative films probably still have about a 2 stop advantage
over the best (35mm size) digital in terms of dynamic range.  But I
doubt that's enough better to handle full sunlight outdoors and dark
corners indoors a long way from the window.  But, as Bob suggests, a
cloudy day may help close the gap.  And, going in quite the opposite
direction, I have used flash outdoors shining through a window to
simulate sunshine in a kitchen... useful on a cloudy day where the
window isn't directly visible in the shot.

Chuck Norcutt