Re: [OM] Anyone tried a ZD 9-18 yet?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone tried a ZD 9-18 yet?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:04:15 -0400
Gary Reese's lens tests did occasionally note that he was using
different lens samples between one test and another.  However, most of
these repeat tests were done with a body later than the OM-1.  The later
tests used bodies having mirror and aperture prefire and most show large
improvements in performance... mostly from reduction of aperture arm
induced vibration and not due to the different lens.  But I think there
are a few that show reduced performance relative to the original OM-1
test with mirror lock.  That would indicate that the newer test was
using a less capable lens.

I don't know that anyone has ever had enough samples of a given lens to
simultaneously test (in a quantitative and repeatable way) for lens
variation.

Chuck Norcutt