Re: [OM] Anyone tried a ZD 9-18 yet?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone tried a ZD 9-18 yet?
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:28:37 +0200
That, as you say, is the pity about Canon. I purchased mine
as a demo model from the local Canon agent / workshop, and they had
specifically tested/adjusted the lens in the past, which is why I
presume
I got such fabulous performance from it.

Really, I could never figure out why people complained so, at f/2.8 at
any aperture,
at least in the centre, the lens out-resolved the sensor of my 1D
MkIIN to such an
extent as to almost cause moire patterns in textured subjects (the
bane/blessing of a
weak AA filter).

I could see very little improvement in the Mk.II version. Of course,
Zuiko Digital
lenses appear to have a better reputation when it comes to sample
variation?

and, I have read, that some OM lenses were also prone to sample
variation
in the past - do you guys know of any OM lens models to which this
complaint
frequently applied?