Re: [OM] Anyone tried a ZD 9-18 yet?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone tried a ZD 9-18 yet?
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:13:08 +0200
Is it even possible to make the lens elements from plastic?
Since the ZD 9-18 has a very small aperture, maybe it's simply
because the glass elements are so tiny, and all the rest of
the lens is plastic.

It did feel like well-made plastic, not like - say - a piece of
junk Canon 18-55 kit lens. But still, unbelievable light and very
small.

Since at the time I was using a (exceptionally well-built and pretty)
Canon 16-35L f/2.8, I scoffed at how pathetic the ZD 9-18 felt, but
when you see the images... I think the ZD almost matches the
performance of the L lens at equivalent apertures.

Really a unique lens - a good but cheap ultra-wide-angle.