Re: [OM] The ones that get away.

Subject: Re: [OM] The ones that get away.
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:41:58 -0600
Chuck,

Thank you for the links.
All I have to draw upon is my memory from that small 2 minute window of
time that I saw them...but they do most closely resemble the bird
pictured in your first link:
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Great_Egret.html#map

Again, it is unusual, and according to the map on the link you gave, we
are not in the migratory path (Colorado). This would have been in the
September/October time frame.

We do have GBHs that reside here year round, so I have seen them with
the white crest.
They are very much wild birds and are not fond of people or cameras. :-)
I often see them flying (singly) overhead, far out of reach of my lens,
or my abilities to photograph them well. And sometimes I find them on
ponds, lakes, and the Colorado river. I have not seen more than one at a
time here, except in the instance of "the photo that got away". Which
adds to my wish that I had been able to take that photo.

Candace