Re: [OM] The ones that get away.

Subject: Re: [OM] The ones that get away.
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 03:22:29 -0300
Not at first, because I read the thread backwards, until I got to Tom,
Chuck and Bob's posts.

I understood you were joking, I did understand you were playing with COC
<=> cock immediately, moreover when I read 'size', but lost your play at
the point of the use of the expression "my part" - which I didn't know
of. But it all went too quickly, I chuckled but didn't bother about -
then went down to the first post, and Bob's. There, I turned serious and
failed to understand how those three posts became humorous - I was at
the moment at a serious effort to measure and relate concepts. Humor,
OTOH, reliefs concentration and everything needed to go through coping
with any challenge - emotional ones included of course. My-self could
not be at the same time in two different places ... feeling short to
understand both.

The enigmatic COC grew more enigmatic, because it seemed humorous and
serious at the same time, and couldn't get the serious meaning out of
it, so I quickly wrote <stop it, I'm falling out of the wagon>, ranting
because you were joking while I was serious... so far, it was only a
rant (a assume 'rant' implies a mild meaning content) - but I was caught
by the serious side when Marc's translation arrived. I had already
posted a reply to Bob's thoughts, so I was even more serious than
before. Realized I had lost track, and doubled on your acronym - forcing
a relation between "confusion" and "attention", semi-aware I was
imposing seriousness where I hadn't shared humor.

So, I must honestly say that I made a great effort to push you into
seriousness, and into speaking within the boundaries of my understanding
... Oh, man - and all this in less than five minutes ... :-)

You all are a most amusing and challenging gang, best I found in the
internet ... seriously _ :-)

One of these days, I shall ask you, Moose, to go back to a post of yours
in December.
Went through it this morning, and found that I had misunderstood a
half-said, very short sentence of yours - Quickly rectified ... no
consequences, but my guts told me "One of these days I will cut you into
little pieces" _ ;-) [Pink Floyd, Meddle, 1977, "One of these Days" -
Waters, Gilmour]

No doubt, my written English has improved since 2003.
Remember that I had only *studied* English, finishing with a Cambridge
Certificate at 18 !. That certificate says I am a 'Proficiency' in
English ... ha!

Fernando.