Re: [OM] Swamp walk at the Big Cypress Gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] Swamp walk at the Big Cypress Gallery
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:07:38 -0400
Rant unnecessary.  I used ACR only to put some color and contrast into
what were very flat images.  Then I stopped since, as you said: "Don't
bother, unless you get some decent scans."  And, as I said: "I'm not
sure there's anything here worthy of scanning for real."  But my post
ACR work is usually not much beyond LCE.  It's definitely not full
Moostification. :-)

But I was encouraged to see that you picked the same set of images I
would pick myself for a go at real scanning.  But that won't happen
soon.  I first have to learn to use my new-to-me scanner and review all
the stashed Moose notes on proper profiling.  :-)  So far the scanner
hasn't seen duty beyond being a color copier.

My biggest disappointment here was image #3.  I really like it but just
wish it was better composed with the tree further to the left.  I don't
know why it looks as it does except maybe hurryup.

I wish I was still down there to attend this session.  I still don't
know how to "see" in the swamp.
<http://clydebutcher.com/journal.cfm?holdtype=169>

Chuck Norcutt