Re: [OM] Swamp walk at the Big Cypress Gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] Swamp walk at the Big Cypress Gallery
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:34:04 -0500

> Well, I do have an IT8 target but how do I take a picture using 30 year
> old already exposed film?  Or did I not understand your response?

I'm not sure it matters too much with RA8 processed films--especially older
ones.  There is so much variability with the wash that the base can vary by
two stops in density.  I have one roll of recent Portra 400NC which is so
dense as to make one wonder how in the world you get any color out of it.
Even the Noritsu's scan for thumbnails was confused.  Anyway, ignore my IT8
comment.

I don't know how you can force your own exposure but you can lock the
> exposure on the input tab after a given preview or scan.
> <http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/html/vuesc28.htm#inputlockexposure>

Correct, and I use this extensively with slide-film scanning.  However, I'm
not so skilled with scanning negs.  The issue I have is with the COLOR tab.

AG