Re: [OM] Highly overrated? Not

Subject: Re: [OM] Highly overrated? Not
From: khen lim <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 01:33:13 +0800
My E-510 is now well over a year and in that time, it had gone through four
bouts of rain of which one was a horrible torrential. That was in 2006
(twice), 2007 (once) and 2008 (once). It is still working and I'm happy.
Maybe it's my good fortune.

K.

2009/3/13 John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> If water gets in any camera, it may take the trapped moisture several
> weeks or months to do it's damage. .....just sayin......
> ___________________________________
> John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
> 21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
> 631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
> Olympus OM Service since 1977
> Gallery: www.zuiko.com/album/index.html
>

> Donald wrote:
> > Richard Lovison wrote:
> blue
> >>>

> > <snip>

> >> Yeah, did you open up the drain plug at the bottom?
> >>

> > Oddly enough, I got the E-400 damp just on Sunday. Windy, wet
> > conditions, we were out at South Queensferry for lunch at the Hawes Inn
> > (wife's birthday).
> >
> > Didn't get very wet, but well covered with spots of driven rain while I
> > helped my old mum out to the car.
> >
> > Still works fine. Worries fading, though still there.
> >
> > D.
> >
> --

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people” - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney