Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:19:26 -0600

> Others here will have opinions about that. I've never owned the OM 50/2,
> being perfectly happy with a 50/3.5 for macro and 50/1.4 > 1,085,000 for
> te rest. And I've never owned a camera that would take the DZ 50/2.

I have a 50/3.5 macro and no other 50mm lenses. Mine is a an old
silver-nosed lens with some weird haze-like characteristic.  It works
smashingly well--even more so for B&W!  However, my experience with the MC
version makes these lenses night and day different. I wouldn't hesitate for
a "Quark's Lifespan" to recommend the MC version.

Joel owns/has owned like most of the F2 lenses and his 100/2 is really
really sweet.  The 90/2 was also very nice, but the handling is so
anti-Zuiko.  It's kinda the Rosanne Barr of lenses.

If money were no object, and since we're talking about Zuikos, I highly
recommend all of them.

AG