Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 07:23:43 -0500
You are expecting much more precision of measurement than is actually
there.  These are subjective evaluations, not instrumented MTF scores.
If you read Gary's test comments (below) you'll see that there is no
difference between A+, A and A- for two different lenses unless a paired
comparison was made.  That was not the case for most tests and there are
also significant sample differences to be found between lenses.  Gary's
tests are all also performed at 1:40 magnification.  I would also submit
that your own observations of your own 90/2's performance are even more
subjective, especially using a hand held shot.  But if you're happy with
what you've got that's all that matters.
"* Subjective quality factor style grades are relative, with A+ = best,
then B, C, D, and F (worst); differences are significant across full
letter grades only (unless a paired comparison was made - as noted)"

Chuck Norcutt