Re: [OM] The print I bought at Clyde Butcher's gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] The print I bought at Clyde Butcher's gallery
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:35:45 -0500
Not only equipment but time.  When he shoots in the swamp the mucky
bottom is pretty soft but exposures are long and you can't have the
tripod settling during the exposure.  To keep the tripod from settling
during the exposure the tripod needs to be setup first and then you need
to go away for some appreciable period to allow the tripod to fully
bottom out.  You also need a support crew just to hold things since
there's no place to set anything down in a swamp.

Chuck Norcutt