Re: [OM] Updates on my photo gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] Updates on my photo gallery
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:14:29 -0600
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:34 AM, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I made the comparison shots for Velvia and 5D II few days ago, the Velvia
> was my 1st roll of film in almost five years since I have received an order
> to output one film due to the shop had damaged their client's old slide, so
> I took this chance to run a few test shots.
>
> When the film came back I found the sharp area was not as I focused but the
> shot from 5D II was exactly right so I suspected there was something wrong
> with my OM4 (although this was my mostly used camera and I did check the
> focus after I acquired it). I was too busy so I didn't check my OM4 but I
> just did it few minutes ago, unfortunately the focus seems very accurate. I
> have no cure to what had happen during the test, may be I will do the test
> again.
>
> Anyway, here are some test files, anyone interested can have a look on how
> they compare (all with 50/1.4 at F4 handheld):
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/V-10009.jpg  (9.4MB)
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_0917.JPG (6.8MB)
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/V-10010.jpg (6.7MB)
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_0922.JPG (3.98MB)

It's good to view your photos, as always.  In general, I like all the
bird shots very much.  I have always enjoyed your handling of
perspective distortion.  It would be interesting to see a "corrected"
version of 005, but I doubt that I would prefer it to the way it is
now.  All the architectural shots are interesting, as you find
attractive ways to capture the color and variety of your city.

Something about 003 also interests me as an unusual and compelling
composition made from an ordinary room.  The locations of the bits of
color in it are quite nice too.

Joel W.