Re: [OM] More on noise E3 - iso 3200

Subject: Re: [OM] More on noise E3 - iso 3200
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:45:47 +0800
Well! you have a big family, this shot look ok at web size.

For NI, there are some preset values in 'Noise Filter Settings' tag, you may
start by choosing the 'Advance' - 'Remove only half of weaker noise (keep
more details)' for a less aggressive reduction.

I know very well about the problem after using digital camera for years. I
have lost the ability to get accurate exposure, I even forgot to check the
exposure values before making the shoot or doing exposure compensation based
on the scene. May be there are just too much settings to worry about or I
have rely too much on the RAW files, I miss the simple OM age.

I did two family shots yesterday on my father-in-law's home, there were four
families together, the first one was in auto mode with flash and the camera
go down to 1/13s as I have used a Olympus flash on the Canyon, there were
some blur due to hand shake. Then I set the camera to manual 1/160s, the
second shot was ok but two boys were having their head turned to the other
side, I didn't notice about that until back home. So there are no good shot
available :-(

Now I need to setup a standard shooting mode for myself and do more
practice, focusing, exposure and DOF control are something that I need to
concentrate very well and they have to be checked BEFORE making the shoot.

C.H.Ling