Re: [OM] PTGui vs PhotoShop photomerge

Subject: Re: [OM] PTGui vs PhotoShop photomerge
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:18:00 +0100
Wayne,

Thanks for your comment.

First of all, this picture was posted because documentary rather than
photographical qualities. In a series I shot two years ago it happend
to be the one which showed the three-year willow pollarding sequence
very well.

When I shot it, I had only just bought the E-400 camera. I didn't
shoot RAW that day, but all pictures from one week later and since are
in RAW...

But the copy I now posted has been strongly compressed.
The original as it came from the camera will be here now for better
judgement:
http://www.vanlindert.nl/Frank/P2280004.jpg ( 6MB)

And this is what I made of it (using PS) to look somewhat better but
without much compression:
http://www.vanlindert.nl/Frank/P2280004_PS.jpg (3MB)

and then finally for posting with a small copyright built-in the one
you saw:
http://home.tiscali.nl/vanlindert/P2280004_with_c.jpg (500kB)

If you can, e.g. in PS, note the differences in the histogram!

Hope this explains it a bit...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.