Re: [OM] Olympus Living History Farm - Family Portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Living History Farm - Family Portrait
From: castanet.xiosnetworks <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 18:01:04 +0800
Ken
Chuck is correct here. This lens was designed and developed by disgruntled
Zuiko lens engineers. The reason for not having the Zuiko name was political
at that time and in fact, there were numerous other lenses during that dark
period that were actually Zuiko but just weren't marketed as such.

Hope that helps clear the air somewhat.

K.

2009/1/19 Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> > Is the Olympus ED 35-180 F4.5-5.6 Zoom Lens (built into the IS-3 camera)
> >  not considered a Zuiko?
> >

> I don't think so.  There are "Zuikos" and then there are "Olympus" lenses.
> This one is not labeled "Zuiko".  Khen might be able to expound on the
> differences.
>
> AG
> --

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney