Re: [OM] PTGui vs PhotoShop photomerge

Subject: Re: [OM] PTGui vs PhotoShop photomerge
From: ws <omls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:27:38 -0500
I understand it was for illustration purpose. I was just trying to understand
if the quality of the branches in the front row of trees were just a camera
performance issue, compression artifacts or noise reduction.

In the shot direct from the camera, compression artifacts are
minimal when looking at the sky, but the trees still have what
appears to be noise reduction artifacts, even though the image
is ISO 100. So I will have to assume that is Jpeg stuff.

Thanks for sharing. It is interesting what my eye become sensitive
to from reviewing my own stuff.

The original shot is really nice. I like the tracks leading into the image.

Wayne