Re: [OM] Something to obsolete all of our DSLRs

Subject: Re: [OM] Something to obsolete all of our DSLRs
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 01:03:20 -0600
Standard screen height to viewing distance is 1:5 to 1:8.  This is true
regardless of screen height.  The larger the screen, the farther away one
sits.  When determining what size screen to get, measure the distance from
your viewing location to where the TV sits and divide by 5 for a "large
screen" and 8 for a "small screen" and pick a TV somewhere between the two
measurements.  Width dimension has no bearing on viewing comfort.
The problem with today's LCD/Plasma screens is the interpolation engine
built-in. It's amazing, but a standard DVD will actually look better on a
CRT. We subscribe to DishNetwork's standard broadcast and the image quality
is incredible compared to the exact same thing on LCD/Plasma screens which
really force you to upgrade to the HD service because the image-quality is
so horrid.  People see ours and instantly say "Oh, you have HDTV".

AG