Re: [OM] OT: Camera card help

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Camera card help
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:47:03 -0400
Charles .............. congratulations to your wife.

I had a Verbatim card reader which worked fine one day and then the next day
it was dead.

The cause? One of the small pins in the CF slot was bent out of vertical.
The pin was not flat down but just out of true with the others.

The CF card would engage with the pins and it felt to be seated properly.
However, that one faulty pin was the problem.

The reader was replaced and the new Verbatim worked just fine.

jh